Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's a Love/Hate Thing...

...this hair of mine...I really love to hate it! I don't know if any other moms or ladies have experienced this, but, when you have really long hair, and you wear it in a pony tail, if you go to bed...TAKE IT OUT. I have been getting the equivalency of dreadlocks because I fail to remove the damn hair tie. I must really move my head around a lot in my sleep, because this is happening to me all too often. I am talking about MAJOR knots ladies, big ones, ones that require the most delicate of brushing (well, not really, you actually have to pull the shit out of it to get those dreads out). It sucks. Oh, and having major knotty dreadlockish hair, I have tried out many a different hair product, here is my review. Nutrisse, you suck, I hate you. Herbal Essences, that is about all you have going for you...if you didnt' smell so herbally good, well then, you would be right up there with your friend Nutrisse...Pantene, you work ok for a few weeks, then you fall flat...Expensivo brands, I hate you...I really hate you, why do you have to cost so much and work so good??? What do you have that the others don't? Why must I keep gravitating back to you every month?? It's a conspiracy, I mean, they work for a while, then BAM, more knots..so, *la te da, walking to the store* here I go to get the, oh yes, you guessed it, Mr. Expensivo Brands..I hate you hair, why do you pain me so much?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

See now Herbal Essences and Pantene work great for me. Of course, I also put a ton of other crap in it... smoothing milk, hair shining crap, stuff to bring out the red or brown... spray on smoothers, the list never ends. Now my husband? The fucker doesn't even have to comb his hair. He washes, towl dries it, MAYBE runs his fingers through it and off he goes.

Now THAT is injustice.

Xandi said...

So I obviously don't have hair as long as yours, but we have the same texture and fine hair always seems to get tangled pretty easy. I have started using a brand called Pureology (only buy it at a salon since it's the fake stuff at Target). It is the most amazing stuff. I also have this big jar of deep conditioning treatment that I use a dime size on my hair once a week (sometimes every 2 wks). My hair will be tangle free no matter what I do for a good 2 to 3 days after I use that stuff and it feel so damn soft. It's amazing and 100% organic with no added water. It's super concentrated, but super expensive ($50). Well worth it though. You may want to add that to your hair care regimen. Oh and it smells really good too :).