Monday, January 14, 2008

Our EventFULL Weekend-Part 2

So, on Sunday we spent the day playing with the kiddos, Shannon and I were pretending to go on business trips and the kids were our "suitcases". By grabbing a hold of their footed jamas right at the belly, you can lift your child to notable heights LOL. Throwing our suitcases on the beds seemed to be a favorite. Then we decided to start our day of running errands, nothing all that glamorous, but hey, it was Sunday. Well, the fun started on our way home. We took a different route today because we decided to peek in on some of the new builds in our neighborhood. On the way home, we spot a large and stately Great Dane wandering aimlessly up and down the streets of unbuilt homes. We follow her for sometime and notice, she is definitely lost. What a sweet and amazing creature. She reminds me a lot of our old dog Max, and apparently, she reminded Trinity too (who never actually had the chance to meet Max before he passed away in 2002). I had Shannon go home and get a collar and leash while I followed her around on foot, trying to see if maybe her "pets" where in the neighboring subdivision....nothing. She clung to me like a child in a busy store. We took her home. We made flyers last night, but a part of me hopes that no one claims her. Is that selfish of me? I love her already....She is sweet, timid, shy, happy, loving...she adores the kids and our animals, and she just fits....yeah, 4 big dogs...we are always up for a challange I suppose!!!! Oh, and Trinity has decided to name her...Maxine, after my old dog MAX.

No comments: