Sunday, January 20, 2008

We are STILL a family of 4 dogs


So, after I blogged about our newest adventure Maxine, the Great Dane...we ran about and put up a slue of "Lost Dog FOUND" signs...all the while feeling like "I don't really want to put these up...I hope she isn't found." We didn't even put a picture, we wrote that we were going to ask "Verifying questions"...I even joked with Shannon how I would trick the would be finders.


*PHONE RINGING*

ME: Hello?
FINDERS (maybe): Umm, yes, I think you have found our dog?

ME: Really? Can you tell me a little about HIM (really Maxine is a HER...TRICK #1, if you succeed, please continue to TRICK #2)

FINDERS (maybe): Oh, I'm sorry, our Dane was a girl

ME: (under my breath) Damn...*cough* um, what shade of brown is she (when really she is Merle grey and black...TRICK #2, if you succeed, I guess you can continue...fuckers....)

FINDERS (maybe): Oh, she is grey..I think we may have the wrong dog...

ME: No, no, you are right, I must have gotten confused *cough/curse-asshole...*

FINDERS (maybe): When can we come and pick her up?
ME: AH HA! She doesn't like to get in cars!!! Why would you offer to pick her up?? If you were her pets, then you would have known this!! HAHA! I win...the dog stays. *click*


Ok, so this is the dilusional part of Jenn that you are meeting, I often come out after midnight..Shannon runs and hides from the dilusional Jenn, she makes outlandish stories/schemes and subjects him to witnessing them ...poor guy, and now, because of this blog...poor you too. Back to the blog at hand....Maxine.

So, it has been a week exactly and Maxine is still here, and quite honestly, we wouldn't have it any other way. It is almost like she has been a buffer for all --scratch that---MOST of the craziness that has been going on around here. She came to us just 2 days before Tristan's diagnosis...that is pretty amazing to me, but then again, I am distracted by shiny objects! No, but really, she adores the children, as do they her...I am so taken by her, she reminds me so much of my childhood dog Max, he was a Great Dane, and boy, I loved him. Maybe she was sent to help fill that void, or maybe, just maybe we were meant to be a family of 4 dogs. So, as of yet, no one has called, and we have bathed her, given her a bed, got her a new collar and are calling her our own. Come out and visit us sometime, *note, the "come out and visit us sometime" invitation is only extended to family and friends, if you are neither of these things, this offer is null and void!*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenn, I remember Max. He was HUGE! When we would drive by I could see his big ol' head sticking over the gate. Ah memories...

I felt the same way about putting up "found" posters when we got Duncan. Each day I would pray that his family wouldn't find him. I felt dirty thinking like that, but at the same time, I think he found as for a reason.

Hopefully Maxine will find the same fate with you!

Gina said...

She us a lucky dog to have come to you guys!!! She is gorgeous! I was always picking up strays when we lived in Flag and it would drive Jeff crazy. People in our neighborhood knew if their dog was lost, come to our house. Jeff won't let me bring home strays anymore with Sam.... Our Buddy was a stray. We have had him for 7 years. Take down the posters, she is home.