Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Indecisions, indecision, indecisions....

Trinity has reached a plateau in her decision making ability and it has been very....what's the right word...gosh, I can't really think of the right and perfect word to describe the feeling that I feel when I see her so overwhelmed with making the right decision. Helpless, that pretty much sums it up...I feel her helplessness. She has always been an awesome decision maker, able to adapt to change, roll with the punches, take what is thrown at her and be definite and steadfast in her choices. Now out of nowhere, she is going through some developmental stage that she is unsure and second guessing her choices. I feel so bad for her when she is handed 2 colors to choose and she says "When will it not be so hard momma?? When will it get easier?" Now, do I tell her "Honey, life only gets harder....." or, to ease her through it say "babe, it will get easier, the choices might be more complex, but, you will learn to choose" I went with "Come here, give me a hug. It's ok, you are having a tough time, let me help you pick right now." I will report that this weekend has been a lot better since we eliminated the overabundance of choices and summed it up to just 2. "Do you want ____ or ____. When she chooses, we tell her what a great decision maker she is. I guess she is just getting a headstart on becoming a woman, because Lord knows, we can't decide on anything.

No comments: